The IronClad Kids Safety Plan ensures your children are always taken care of by whom you want, in the way you want, no matter what.
If you are ready for the total assurance and peace of mind knowing you’ve done everything you can to protect your children from ever being removed from your home and placed in the arms of strangers, even for a moment, please contact Summit Legacy Planning now.
Who Takes Care of a Child in Utah if a Parent Dies or Is in an Accident?
As of now, without an IronClad Kids Safety Plan, if something were to happen to you, a judge would decide who takes over the care of your children. This could be someone you agree with, or, it could be a friend or family member who looks good on paper, but who you know would not be a good fit to raise your children in the way you wish them to be raised. At Summit Legacy Planning, we help our clients avoid unneeded conflict and the possibility of the wrong person raising their children by drafting a personalized, legally enforceable, Kids Safety Plan.
Each Kids Safety Plan includes:
- Legal documents naming short-term guardians who can be there immediately for your children so they’ll never be taken into the arms of strangers, not even for a minute.
- Letters to your short-term guardians so the people you’ve named will know exactly what to do if called upon.
- Instructions to everyone who takes care of your kids as to what to do if you are in an accident … so they know exactly who to call.
- Legal documents naming long-term guardians whom you trust to raise your children just as you would want.
- Letters to your long-term guardians letting them know what to do if called upon.
- Instructions and guidelines for your long-term guardians on how you want your kids to be raised … with your values, insights, and stories.
- Medical Powers of Attorney for your minor children so the next time they travel without you, or you travel without them, you know they’ll get the medical care they need.
- A custom, personalized I.D. card for your wallet stating you have minor children at home and indicating exactly who should be contacted if you are ever in an accident.
For More Information
Summit Legacy Planning will guide you to choosing the best guardians for your children. All you need to do is call us to schedule an appointment.